There are some of us who are naturally more "down to earth" than others. Our feet are firmly set on the ground. We are steady, stable, probably even stubborn at times.
My Sun sign is Capricorn, so maybe I should be one of these people, but I'm not. I'm more of a "head in the clouds", floating through the breeze type of person, although I am also stubborn. However, like most of us, I like to have balance, and I love putting my bare feet on the ground.
Other ways I like to get grounded:
- Picnics and lying down on the ground, looking up at the sky...feeling the sunshine on my skin
- Sitting on the floor in meditation.
- Lying on the ground or close to the ground to sleep. (Not really fond of beds)
- Hiking, running, nature walks.
- Being bare foot as much as possible.
- Growing things or digging in the dirt.
- Holding gemstones or picking up rocks, leaves, pinecones, feathers and things of that nature.
Bringing me back to nature, brings me back to my own stability, brings me back into my awareness of my body and the down-to-earth portions of living every day.
On this Earth Day...I will try to do all these things. Some I do everyday, but that is my challenge for today. How many can you do in one day?